Friday, August 1, 2008

Facebook and Friends


I have been sitting here this morning looking at Facebook and uploading some pictures etc. For the most part I really like facebook, I can keep up with friends and see how they are doing and where they are in life. As I was uploading some pictures from a day at the beach this morning, it struck me about being blessed with people. I was looking at one picture of all of us jumping in the air, while a girl who was kind enough took the picture. There is a lot of people in that photo and there were a bunch more who would have been there if they could. That is a lot of people who love and care about each other and the friendships they have. That is a huge deal. God has given me people like that to have around and go through life with. Then I started to think about my buddy Scott and his wife, Michelle and there sweet child that is still in the oven who have been all over the country with his band The War this summer and my buddy Blake who is overseas traveling right now and Ryan McClish... who I have no clue what he is up to but it does not matter, Bradley who is in NY, Jon, Brandyn, Mike, Jesse (the Barn Boys), Raleigh friends, Chapel Hills peps, and all the friends who I have not mentioned that are all over this country. The point being that I would do anything for these people and they would do the same for me. It does not matter if we do not talk for a while, we pick up just the same with the love for each other. The other day, Sarah and I were at a wedding for our friend Nick and his new wife Melissa and saw a few friends we haven't seen in a while, Patrick, Matt and his wife Marina. We talked for hours, not just about whatever but good deep meaningful conversations, that checked up on each other and really got the core of how we were doing. That is a blessing. I thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment