Monday, August 11, 2008

Weed and Cash



Today was a tough labor day, but it was fun. I worked with Courson and Jacob, and weeded a hill at a lady's house for about seven hours. It was a pretty labor intensive day, filled with Weeds- and other type bushes that we were to pull out- and lots of Ants. It felt like with everything I would pull out, there would be an Ant Family that was really pissed off because I ruined lunch. Then, we broke for Lunch ourselves and went to a place Courson called the "Cow Pen" and had some really good Double Cheeseburgers. Afterwards, we went back to weed pulling and Jacob made a discovery of Hornets, whom where also really pissed off for some reason or another, and chased us away from that Bush. Later, they chased Jacob off a few more times. He is curious, like a cat.

Later that day, when I was on my way home, I got a call from Scott and Michelle Cash, two of our dear friends, who had just landed in Atlanta from a long summer of travel. They made a quick trip up to Jasper, and it was a great time to hang out and catch up. I also got to feel the baby kick in Michelle's Belly. I have never felt a baby kick before... that was nutz, it was pretty neat... that little booger kept running around in there. It was a very sweet time. I do not have a picture today so here is something random.

1 comment:

  1. A quick catch all... My wife looked at these photos and wanted to clarify (in light of the title) that we are not smoking weed, although we do look silly. We are sober.

    ReplyDelete