Monday, August 4, 2008

Maple v.s. Oreck


So, I know that I will post about Maple here and there and that is somewhat "Marley and Me," but at the risk of, I am going to post about Maple today. As with most dogs, Maple has a thing for our vacuum, named Oreck. Every time that we fire him up to clean, she gets really excited or mad or something, because she will run up to him and then try to bite him and then run away. All the time this is going on, her tail is wagging. I think she thinks its a game between the two of them. For example the other day, I was using Oreck to clean off Maple's bed, and she was not having it. She would stay inches away from her bed and watch as he tried to eat it... or even worse... kill her bed. So much so, that after it was all over, she went over to lay down just to make sure that everything was okay after Oreck wrecked up shop. Yesterday, I was brushing Maple and getting some hair off her coat and brought out Oreck to vacuum the Area she had been sitting in. Afterwards, I left Oreck out where he was this morning. I came out of the bedroom, and Maple was keeping watch of Oreck to make sure that he was not up to anything. I walked up, and this is what I saw. As she laid beside Oreck, she would wag her tail and move her eyes up to where they met mine to say, "I got 'em covered..." In the picture you can see that her head and paws were on top of the cord. She would look over at the vacuum every little bit and wag here tail. It was pretty funny. Again, I would love to know what she was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment