Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rise and Shine, I am hungry


It has been a while since a post about my dog, Maple. I have come to realize that dogs are really good alarm clocks. She is up every morning at the same time. Even if she does not move, her eyes are open and she is laying there waiting, for the first sign of movement from the bed. Any type of stir, she is ready to spring into action. This morning, I rolled over to get comfortable and opened my eyes for a second before I was to go back to sleep. I noticed something moving level with my face. I focused onto a sight, that will just make you wake up smiling and start the day right. Maple was right there, tail wagging, bone in here mouth. She stood there super pumped that I was awake and looking at her. I reached out to pet her and that just got her more fired up. I think she was thinking a list of things this morning; first off, FEED ME NOW!!, followed by HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY, also this morning, she had her bone in her mouth. She really wanted me to see that she had her bone, it was swinging back and forth in here mouth because it was pinned between her teeth so it could sway back and forth. It was like she was soooo excited about the morning, she went to grab her favorite toy to have with her during the excitement that was around. This is just another time when I am so pumped to have Maple in our lives. Whether or not I need it, Maple validates me every morning with a wagging tail and a figgiting (sp) body that screams happiness. It made me think about the saying that if, people think I am half as cool as my dog thinks I am then I am good shape. It also made me think about no matter what, Maple runs to the edge of the bed every morning pumped up to see me and loves on me like crazy. I would like to have that kind of relationship with God, every morning no matter what, I run with excitement. Just waiting, sitting there waiting with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment