Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Strike Force




My brother sent me some pictures today and I felt like they needed to be posted for the world (ya'll to see), and give you a little light into a Springer holiday. It was Thanksgiving of this past year when Preston and I began a quest to conqueror the world of Wii Bowling. It started as a few games in the game room with an occasional spare or strike. This grew into much much more, with 2, 3 no 4 strikes in a row. We pressed on, (while family stood and watched, many whom did not understand the lure of the Wii) trying to figure out spin, speed and positioning of our little armless men who stood on the screen before us. This passion eventually grew into a streak of 8 strikes my friends, this is no small feat. This was hours of sweet and pure hand slapping fun. It is here that Strike Force was born. Later that day, we were at the local huge old silk screening tee shirt plant that now only uses a small corner that locals can come in a get an iron on for 2.50, when we spotted the Strike Force logo. Our bowling team was born, now it was complete. This is one example of many that I could share, of how my brother and I can turn any holiday into something you could never guess ahead of time. Whether it is dragging each other on sleds or mountain boards behind the four wheeler, paintball wars, extreme crow hunting, turkey hunting, duck hunting, wading across a freezing river pulling my brother in a canoe trying not to laugh because it kept making me fall while he was screaming nonsense and mush or something, or just plan ol' sting pong, or pool... we always have a good time.

3 comments:

  1. What talented sons I have! What good memories! I love them both and are seriously so proud of them. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious. outfits match pefrectly. how cute. i'm trusting that your wives ensured that

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 strikes in a row who wants a piece? I could not move my arms well for days, I was so sore.

    ReplyDelete