Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Inch Worm



So I was sitting at the top of the slides today, while the work crew was using them. I noticed an inch worm working his/her way up this large post. It had to be 100 times that worms body length. It climbed with determination and vigor, briefly pausing to look around. I sat with wonder, thinking about what it was looking for, what would it do when it got to the top of the pole? Such a tall and big journey for such a tiny worm. I grew impatient; I started to imagine all the things that could be running through that little worms head: man what a view I will have, I bet there is treasure up there, I am going to jump etc. Finally after a long awaited accent to the top of the pole... the worm scooted right across the top and started to work its way back down. It did not even enjoy the view. This made me think, was it about the goal/destination or the journey to get there? Half full or half empty kind of thing. I pondered this for a while and thought about different ways that this applied to my life. I named this inch worm "Plato" for its deep thoughts.

I pose this question to the readers: Is it about the goal/destination or the journey it took to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment