Friday, August 22, 2008

My Office and making the Bed


So, I am sitting here at my desk for a bit while the group is in the Club Room having their meeting for the night. It has been a pretty good day, I cleaned the apartment today like a mad man. I cleaned for four hours straight. (yeah that's right Mom, you son, four hours of good ole fashion cleaning) I am talking about our apartment screaming cleanliness. But, I have a confession to make... in the almost three years of marriage, I have never completely made the bed. I have never by myself changed the sheets and made the bed. I know that sounds bad. I think it's because in college I got used to stinky sheets and for Sarah the stinky sheet threshold is at the normal person level, while I have a tolerance for things like that. As for never making the bed... when you get up in the morning out of bed; when is the next time you plan to use the bed again? Nighttime, right? So, I do not make the bed because if I do, that is more work for me the next time I am ready to get in. Now that you understand where I am coming from, let me talk more about cleaning. I cleaned everything in the house, except the dog, she was fine. Here is the big news, I walked into the bedroom and looked at the bed. I decided to take the plunge. I took of the sheets, comforter, and the blanket in between. I went and got new sheets and put them on the bed (alone), I tucked the sheets in really nice, with the middle blanket and then pulled them back to make them look all nice. I put the comforter back on the bed, added the pillows and then added some other pillows that are for show and BAAM, you have one nicely made bed. Again, I mention, this is something I have never done in marriage. I have helped with the process before but never alone. When Sarah came home it was really funny because she went in the bedroom and was like, "Hey, you made the bed...??? you have never made the bed??? You even made it look nice???". It was a good moment for me.


I just wanted to add the picture of my desk at work, so you all can see my world. Organized Chaos.

4 comments:

  1. That's one good looking desk... a few things haven't changed much. I see you got an extra set of the monitor speakers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your desk looks the same it did a week ago... but kudos on the bed

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a good looking homeless dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. excuse me i'll be needing your man card now...

    ReplyDelete