Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Couch Exploration


My head still feels like it has gained 20 pounds in the past few days, and when I walk around it tries to fall and hit the ground. I came home early today from work around 2pm and laid down on one couch for about two hours. I then switched to the other couch for the next hour, then moved to the bed, and then back to the second couch and watched the office for another hour or two, while I faded in and out. Maple has been right by my side all day, chuggen along with me.

But, what I wanted to mention today was something that was said at work that has stuck with me. We had a meeting with all of the staff at camp, about 40 people right now, and a buddy I work with spoke up about a family member who had been open with him about something hard he was going through. Unprovoked, his family member just walked up and said, "hey, this has been tough" (referring to what his family member was going through). My buddy just brought up about how in a community of believers in Christ, we should have that freedom and trust to walk up and be honest. But yet, we rarely talk to someone with out being asked, and then in that moment, if we are not asked in a way that we feel comfortable, we will not talk. It made me think about a community of people that love and care for each other in a way that there is comfort and trust in one another. I think that we all walk around waiting for someone to ask us how we are doing, and we will not share until provoked. I think it would be a neat environment to be that comfortable with each other and be able to share without hesitation.

1 comment: