Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bricks and Ninjas


Today, I was reading a daily reading book I have by Max Lucado. Seeing that the guy has written 400 million books, I have in the past written him off as one of "those guys". But when I bought this daily reading book, I was attracted to the title, "Grace". I have by no means kept up with each day like I wish, but it seams when I do, I always walk away being blown away. God has given Max the ability to write and share. Although, I have not read many of his books, this one has really spoken to me.

Today, it starts with Psalm 37:4 "Enjoy serving the Lord, and he will give you what you want"

I know we have all heard that before and I tend to ignore it, because I think yeah right... come on, really... what I want. Then the reading continues as follows. I give all rights here to Max because I am about to go word for word for a bit.

"When we submit to God's plans, we can trust our desires. Our assignment is found at the intersection of God's plan and our pleasures. .... The longings of your heart, then, are not incidental; they are critical messages. The desires of your heart are not to be ignored; they are to be consulted. As the wind turns the weather vane, so God uses your passions to turn your life. God is too gracious to ask you to do something you hate."

That hit me like a sack of bricks and ninjas. God desires for us to live our what brings us joy, what sets our hearts on fire and gives us that gitty feeling about life. I know that I do not associate the longings of my heart sometimes with what God is planning for me. In closing, I just wanted to share that with ya'll today because it put God in a different light than I usually leave him in.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is offically on my home screen on my iPhone.
    Keep up the good work, only 358 more to go.

    ReplyDelete