Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yesterday.

Sorry for the no post yesterday, but we did not have power for the past 36 hours so I was without the ability to get on the internet to update. I thought I would share two pictures. The first one is of Maple, I decided to put a helmet on her as a joke about thirty minutes before the storm got here, I teased nature and it took note. The other one is a picture of the sky after the storm had come through, that was it on the way out of town, it was nutz. Two tornadoes hit Jasper, one was three miles away and the other was about four miles away, it really was pretty intense. I had the bathroom all set up with blankets and cushions and flashlights etc to get ready for everything. It got pretty nuts and I told Sarah to go ahead and go to the bathroom and get tucked in. I was a little to curious to go just yet. It was really crazy to see what was going on, the wind had been going pretty good already but it started to kick up pretty crazy like. Enough to by the end get the trees going sideways. The temperature dropped 10-20 degrees, the sky went yellow and then the hail hit, about the time where I thought the window was going to break, I peaced out and joined Sarah in the bathroom, and can I add as Sarah was walking to the bathroom the power went out. When I went out later that night it was crazy to see how many trees were down and the damage. Oh Mrs. Nature, you can be quite a bitch. :)

1 comment:

  1. lions and tigers and bears oh my. i'm sure glad bailey and i peaced out of jasper for the weekend.
    i hope southfork is still standing.

    ReplyDelete