Sunday, April 26, 2009

First Day of the rest of your life.

I was thinking about this saying today and I have to say, as great as it is... I find it to be somewhat a self fulfilled prophecy to those who will not carry out whatever there new life is. Yikes, I know that is somewhat of a punk statement to make and I also know that a lot of people do carryout those things, especially speaking to the huge life altering events. But lets take a few steps back to the medium size life changes if you will. I feel like the majority of the time when some one decides they are going to make a change in life and think, "I am going to start ..... fill in blank... tomorrow," it is rarely carried out. I must confess, I am very much guilty of this sort of thing at many different points in life. I just have been pondering the very idea of this new beginning idea throughout the day. It causes such a new birth of excitement for most who conceive the notion to change this or that and what kind of domino effect it will bring, but three days in... baa'm done. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment