Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Rose Pedal

This morning I rode in a bike ride called the "Rose Pedal". I did the 65 mile route, so I got to experience all this ride has to offer including all the people, cars and dogs I need to fill the quota for the day. As I sit here I can not think of one story that stood out really blatantly as the winner, I have a few that were pretty fun. I was riding along one road and to my left I noticed something moving, about that time a golden retriever jumped up and pounced towards me like a cat... got about one foot from my ankle and then backed off due to my booming and scary yell. I think it was confused and thought it was a cat from how it acted. I also meet a lady who was riding her bike to build confidence in herself. She was kind of scared of the down hills and cars made her a little nervous. It was interesting to listen to her story and how she put herself in the line of fire to conquer her fears and move forward. It was pretty cool to share that part of the ride with her and help her go down hills a little faster than she was used to. I rode with her for 8 miles or so, it was a neat exchange. It was also pretty cool to have my own personal fans, Sarah and Maple to pass me in the car here and there and meet me at a few rest stops to chat and give me some encouragement. Way to go to my wife, very wonderful and thoughtful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment