Monday, April 27, 2009

Hercules

Let me introduce you to Hercules, he is my neighbors dog. He also weighs about I don't know 2 pounds, but is confused and he thinks he is a lion, although with a little twist. He will only pretend he is a lion when you are not giving him any attention. Once you walk up to him, he hauls ass away from you as quickly as he can till he gets to the end of his little rope. The other day, I decided that I was going to pet Hercules at no matter what the cost may be. I approached him very gingerly, as my attention turned to him, he took off quickly to the end of his rope. He is extremely quick, I mean lightning quick. I decided the best thing for me to do was to step on the rope at the farthest point and slowly keep stepping on the rope till I got close enough to grab him. As I got closer and the rope got shorter, he got quicker and more squirrely. Finally he had no more room to go and all he could do was stretch his little head as far from me as he could. I grabbed him and picked him up. He conceded and now we are friends. Still pretends he is a lion but he breaks quicker now and lets me pet him after a little coaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Cute!!!You have such a way about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should introduce your foot to his tail. that'd teach him to run...

    ReplyDelete