Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome Home.


I meant to share this story a few days ago when I came home from Texas. Have you ever heard the joke about the gold fish who forgets every two seconds and says while he is swimming around in his bowl, "oooooo look there's a castle" and then two seconds later says, "oooooo look there's a castle." Well I think that Maple either has that problem or really enjoys when I come home from work. Everyday when I come home, she freaks out like crazy and is so excited to see me which makes me feel like a million bucks. The othe day when I got in the car from the airport, Maple lost her mind with excitement to welcome me home. I petted her head and scratched her belly to say hello and show that I was excited to she her as well. This was not sufficient for Maple, she decided to come up in the front seat with me to show me her love. Then instead of going to the back when she was done, she laid down in the floor board and just looked at me for the hour ride home, every once in a while, she would nudge my knee to make sure she had my attention.

3 comments:

  1. Ah--very sweet and you feel good but were you not worried that Maple might want to help you with the gas pedal??and I worry about cell phone talking while driving!!!!!You don't need to give your mom another need to worry! A mother's job is never done!!love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maple looks so little.. like a puppy.. did you shrink her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So relieved to find out Sarah was driving. Thank you Lord!!!!My son is responsible!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete