Monday, February 16, 2009

The Varsity or should I say the Junior Varsity

We all went down to Atlanta today to hang out and enjoy the city. We went to the dog park first, for which I have one thing to say, "if your dog is mean, do not come to the dog park." Very simple, I saw three dog fights today and only one owner who actually cared, it was pretty sad. I had one dog try to hump maple three times. I pushed him off the first time, kneed him the second and the third was a combination of both. The dogs owner, lazy turd who did nothing. His dog ran off when he finally walked up and did not come back to him for a long time. Great training there. So onto "The Varsity", we went to eat there tonight. We thought Kyle would like it a bunch because the man loves some fast food, so what better place to take him than the largest fast food place in the world. We walked in the door, and saw right away the menu's plastering the walls above the twenty or so registers. "Classic Combos"... wow I bet these are going to be huge, I ordered the double bacon cheeseburger. The others order burger or hot dog etc. My meal was about 7 dollars. (think of all the food you could get at Wendy's." When my order was up and I finally got to see the famous "Varsity" burger, I had to hold back a laugh of disbelief. This double bacon cheeseburger was smaller than my fist, I have small hands. It was a joke, a joke I tell you. Everyone else also had little food to, if I was David the gnome, this would have been a feast and maybe even worth the money, but I am not. We ate and left and ended up getting more food from somewhere else because we were still hungry. I think "The Varsity" needs to change it's name to something more fitting like "The Junior Varsity," I mean come on give me a break, smaller than my fist. So if you are ever in Atlanta and want a nice big burger, forgo the nostalgia of "The Varsity" and go somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment