Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Goat Story... Serious





Okay, so here it goes. The goat you see there is Gabriell, (whom I will call Gab for short) and yes that is a goat. ( Look how he is looking at me, he wants to attack me. I was afraid he wanted to take my chance of having kids one day from me... he was pissed) So the story goes down like so, I was closing down a building here at SharpTop this weekend, when I hear a voice yelling from upstairs. Let me remind you, at this point I think I am the only person on camp.

"Help me, Help me! Hello anyone," she yells downstairs. I respond, "Hello?". "Can you rescue an old woman and her goat," she responds to me. I have no idea what is going on at this point, but I'll bite, "sure I respond, as long as I do not have to birth it, I can help." At this point I met the eyeline of this women who is holding a rope and a bucket/box of "treats/food" for Gab. "I have been seperated from my group and I do not know where I need to go to get back." I am thinking at this point, no problem I can help you with that. Turns out she is from a local church who is up here hiking around and she decided to bring her goat along for the trip. "I need to get back to your cazebo by the lake," she tells me. I then talk to her for about five minutes to find out that she is not talking about anything on our property, but yet a lake that is in Bent Tree and development next to our land that they walked in on. Her memory is worse than mine. As we stand there, her, me and Gab, she can not recall anything that I am describing... buildings she would have passed, going up hills or down them. She then proceeds to tell me, "I could get lost in the bottom of a bucket." We are now walking towards where I think I can point her in the right direction and she is telling me about Gab and how the three hours hike might have been a little much for him. Gab doesn't like me, he keeps staring at me with those devils eyes. I feel like Brian Fellows, at different points I wanted to look at the goat and be like, "that goat is crazy, he's got devil eyes, does he have my credit card numba... I hate him... take him away," but I refrained. So I am pointing her where to go and she is not with me... at all. So, I figured I have to do something about this lady because she is not going anywhere and will not leave me. It hits me... Golf Cart. Ah ha. "Excuse me, do you think your Goat could handle a golf cart ride?" "Oh yes, Gab rides in my truck all the time with me." :) So, we all climb in the golf cart. Our golf carts are not that big, Gab is a large large Goat. I mean he is like 10 Maples and then some. He is also a fighter, Rocky in the body of a goat. So I pull the golf cart over to let Gab load up while she assures me that he will be fine. (yeah right) Gab does not like Cart rides. So finially after some horn grabbing and some coaxing, Gab, me and the lady are crusing through camp. The lady has both hands on Gab's horns trying to fight his desire to leave me. She looked like she was steering his head. She was like a regular rodeo cowgirl. She also had both of her legs kind of around Gab to pin him in. So lets stop right here and think about what this picture looks like. Me, Goat (grumpy goat), Lady, Small Golf Cart... freaking hilarious. The whole time Gab is working his way to jump out. What do you do here, I tried to create small talk, but like a tractor beam all I could do is focus the conversation on the Goat. "So how long have you known each other?" "He's a fighter huh?" The whole time I am wondering how many little goat poops are filling up the bottom of my cart and if goats have the good memory like elephants. If so I hope I never met Gab in a dark alley at night alone. We are driving along, I pass Lynsie and Bonnie (they help out in retail), I wish I had a picture of their faces as I cruise by slowly. I couldn't really stop and be like, "Hey, this is Gab, he is a goat and I am taking him home, how is your day going?" So we trucked on by as they smiled inside about what was going down here. As we get closer to the gate onto our property from Bent Tree, the lady is still confused and lost, I am thinking I am about to spend the rest of the day with Gab, but alas we get up to the gate, and baam' her memory is restored. "I remeber this, thanks so much for saving me and Gab," she exclaimed. As they walked off I watched for a second, the lady walking and Gab, unleashed strolling behind her dreaming of cans and what not. Gab then turned around and gave me the finger... ( he can't do that, he has hooves)

Side note, to get the pictures it was pretty funny to do. Undercover style. So that is the Goat story. Hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment: