Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seperation envy

I had a thought today. Yes, that is right. I actually had multiple thoughts today, I have been unwillingly and willingly exposed to all the stimulus package brew ha ha and all the things around that. I have read and listened to all the different ideas and opinions that each person brings to the table. I thought about how for each side, if you will, what it would be like for an individual to step out from their respected group. One way or the other. This led me down another path, not necessarily pertaining to government and politics, but life. Here is the twist. Lets say you are in a conversation with a group of people, say four. Something happens that you do not agree with, you are presented a choice to stand up for, or roll with punches and be quite. Not like, hey I think big government is bad, ya'll stop talking about how great it is. That is somewhere you could probably keep the ol mouth shut. It will serve you well. Anyways, back to the subject. Lets say something that slanders someone, or is unethical, or goes against your core, and to sit there is to agree, or to giggle with is to give consent and approval. This is when being seperate is a scary liberation. To be liberated, is to be free. But is it common to feel liberation or to feel alienation in these moments. That is the question. It made me ask myself a very simple question, "Who are you living for"? Others or myself, my intergrity, my name that cannot be taken from me but yet I craft with my actions. Ahhh the brain hurts just trying wrap around this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment