Monday, September 1, 2008

Altars


In the past few days, I have been doing a lot of driving. I went to visit my family in North Carolina for the weekend which is 4 hours each way and earlier in the week we went to Nashville to visit some friends. With this being said, I have had a bunch of thinking time in the car. Years ago, I was reading the Old Testament for a class I was taking in school. We learned about the altars people would build when God would do something great. They would build these so when people passed them they would know God did something great there before. Since then, I have always tried to be aware in my life of my "altars". It is usually easier to see these in hind sight. With all this time in the car to think about life and what not, it got me to remember some of these Altars and thank God for them. Thinking back through college and the past few years, I can see God taking care of me. What are your Altars? I want to challenge everyone who is reading this, believer or not to think about where you have seen Altars in your lives. It was a neat thing for me to just look back and take in where I have been and where I have come.

On another note, to everyone who got to hunt Doves today, I salute you. I was with you all there in spirit. Jon, Patrick, Preston, Dad, Tom, Blake and everyone else, I again salute you. As for the picture, nothing to do with the story. Just wanted to have a picture up there. That is Jon, Bradley and me in New York City. (It was a good time)

1 comment:

  1. Brad, So many of my alters were built at SharpTop. What a year it was as God revealed himself to me in so many ways. I am very thankful for you and that we've gotten to know each other this year. Keep up the blog! - Zac

    ReplyDelete