Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jesus Loves me, this I am pretty sure.

Sometimes, I think that it is about what I can accomplish etc. that will make God happier with me. I know that the majority of us know that to be false. But don't we walk around the world like we believe it to be true. God doesn't care about what we do, or our success. His glory is going to fine without us. I am not saying don't try or don't go out there and be successful etc. But I do think we need to be aware of the idea of "success" and who it is for. That is all I am saying. God loves us right now the same as he did ten years ago and will ten years from now. (I wish that was a personal quote, but I heard that on a podcast) So if that is the case, do you think God is concerned with performance or accomplishments to base anything on. Now, with all this said, I do think that we all have gifts and talents that God has blessed us with to go out into the world and use. We are all special and talented in many different ways. I do not mean that we should not go use them. I just think we should be very aware of the things around us as we climb that "ladder" of life. We are a success driven culture, period. I do not care what you do, ministry, business, teacher, you name it. Inside all companies, non-profits, schools there is a success path that we are heading down. I just think we need to be on our guards as to not slip away from "doing it for God" to "doing it for me". I do not think any job is outside of this spectrum by the way.

By the way, I justed added this "people who read my blog" on the side bar here. I think it might let you know when a new post is and what not. Even if it does not, it would be cool to see who is out there reading. With that said, if no one signs up, I am going to still pretend that people do and are shy. The show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment