Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bear with me here

So I want to talk about a song. I will not go line by line here but I wanted to share what I saw in a song tonight called "getting into you" by Reliant K.

Reliant K:

When I made up my mind
and my heart along with that
to live not for myself
but yet for God
somebody said,
Do you know what you are are getting yourself into

Brad: I think this is a simple and amazing few words here. The choice to live for God is not just your run of the mill journey. I love the question, do you know what you are getting yourself into? Its like saying get ready for this, you have no idea.

Reliant K:

I'm getting into you
because you got to me
in a way words can not describe
I'm getting into you
because I've got to be
your essential to survive
I'm going to love you with my life

That was the chorus, the next verse follows:

When he looked at me and said
I kind of view you as a son
and the second our eyes met
and I met that with a question
do you know what you are getting yourself into?

Brad:

God looks at us and says, I view you as a son/daughter. From the moment when our eyes met, it is like nothing else. Truth, freedom. I love that when God says, I view you as a son, the persons response is, Do you know what you are getting yourself into. I think we look at God and think that he is not ready to bear our load. To take on the burden of "Brad", all the while God is saying bring it on I Love You. I wait sometimes on the fringe with God because I am unsure he is ready for what I have to bear. Tonight as I learned this song on the guitar it brought me to a teary eyed state. I hold myself back from God because I am not sure he is ready to see me for the reality that is me. Sad really, I think I have this backwards, maybe sometimes I am afraid to see God for what he really is because we as people are not used to this kind of love. We generally feel unworthy of such a pure love, I know that I struggle with that. God wants to call me "son" but yet I fight him on that with the idea that he should shop around somewhere else for a more ironed out "son". I think this brings me to a point where I honestly need to get over myself and let God swoop me up in his arms and hold me. As I write this, I sit here and say to myself, Brad that is truth right there, but yet so scary. Not hiding from God is very vulnerable and uneasy.

Well I hope I have made sense of whats in the ol noggin tonight. Until tomorrow, Cheers (that is dedicated to Charlie Hiser he always says, "cheers")

1 comment:

  1. God wants to call you son, and DOES! Dude, I'm learning that we too often view God as only reacting to our lives. He calls us sons! Period! Now, do we hear when he does? This journey is learning to live in that truth daily. Dang, I'm about to write a blog in your comment section. Thanks for the thought provoking blogs.

    ReplyDelete