Sunday, September 21, 2008

Self fulfilled Prophecy

I am going to be rather quick tonight, as it is late and I ready for bed. I let this night get away from me. Sometimes, I would like a stop watch on time so I could stop it for a few hours and catch up with myself. I have a quick thought for tonight. I have been thinking about the idea of the "self fulfilled prophecy" toady and the last few days, weeks or so. As people, we are always trying to grow into what we desire to become. This involves battling things that we do not like about ourselves or growing out of "bad habits" or ways of life we have grown accustom to. This could be anything for anyone. It is funny to me though, that when we recognize something that we need to work on or "fix" that has become a part of who we are in the past years, it becomes kind of a battle between self and what we want to be. We are all aware of the things we are working on but we are also aware of how hard it is to change, grow, etc. That is where the "self fulfilled prophecy" comes in. I think that we are our own worst enemy in this battle because we know our tendencies to fail. Victory can be close but we often fold with the fear of success. Being comfortable in who we are is a huge struggle of mine. Comfort does not have to mean that we are in a good place, it can also mean that we are afraid to see what the "other" life could look like and what that would mean to us.

I hope that makes sense. If not that is okay too. It is what is in the ol noggin tonight. Until tomorrow. Go Wolfpack, seriously did ya'll see that game. Clap for the wolfman. (clap, clap, clap)

1 comment: