Friday, September 19, 2008

The worst Oatmeal I have ever had.

I went to a local dive this morning for some breakfast with my friend David Puffer (who is the man by the way). We go eat breakfast together every week. Each week I think about trying something different from the good ol bacon egg and cheese and muffin. But then I think why change when it is not broken. Well this morning I had a weak moment. I decided to go with the Oatmeal. The description on the menu was awesome, spices and brown sugar and raisins and all kinds of goodness. I waited with anticipation. I could see the kitchen from where I was sitting. I noticed above the grill was a tub of Oats. Plain regular run of the mill OATMEAL. I thought, "this could not be the spices, and raisins and sugars and goodness that was coming my way. I mean they make their own granola for Goodness Sakes, you would imagine that the oatmeal would fall into a similar category. Soon after that, the plate arrived. I have one bowl of off colored pale plain oatmeal sitting in front of me. I was not dissuaded, I thought, "all the goodness must be at the bottom." It wasn't. I also noticed a black saucer sitting next to the bowl with something in it. There in the little black saucer was a small block of brown sugar, and 8 raisins. Ah yes, the spices, sugar, and raisins. This oatmeal sucked big time. It was not worth the 3.35 that I was charged. I bet confederate soldiers ate better oatmeal than this.

Always check for crappy oatmeal before you order.

No comments:

Post a Comment