Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Simple life, thanks technology...

I would love to continue talking about policy and more, seriously, I had to talk myself out of doing a trilogy of policy blogs today. The last thing about Jackson though, I do think he had an agenda in the white house for sure. His VP did leave D.C. and head back to South Carolina to where most people from congress, labeled him as an "idiot and crazy". Many of those being past presidents. But I will say that on the Jackson side, the union was his policy, he sought to keep the union together at all costs to ensure the greater good of what he saw as the bigger picture. I am excited to see you this weekend, Patrick to continue our discussion on the topic.

Onward we go, today I would like to speak to what I have considered a God send, the iphone. Okay, I know what you are already checking out and attention is fading but stick with me for a minute. I could even say the God send is "technology". I was thinking today about how wonderful it is to get my email directly to my phone, I can delete things quickly, sort things out in a matter of seconds and deal with many different things at once. I have seen some great things come out of this. I have talked to many people who deny the need of a fancy phone because it would take them away from family etc etc and up to much of there time etc etc and how it bogs people down and they spend to much time on it.. you get the point. (I do understand that some people just do not want "fancy", but their argument stays the same) But most of these people have computers, and spend time checking emails, sorting things, paying online bills, responding to this and that, and delete junk at home. This is where I think the topic gets interesting. Since having email at my finger tips, I rarely spend much time on the computer at home, I don't need to. I have seen my time I spend with Sarah go way up and get multiple things done in less time again giving me more time for living life. So, I guess my challenge is to think about technology not as something that will kill your free time, but yet open the door wide open to free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment