Thursday, June 18, 2009

Best Ball

At the wedding last weekend after the rehearsal dinner all the groomsmen went out onto one of the holes on the golf course. We decided to have a chipping/driving competition on a par 3 that was not too long, not too short either. Let me just say, I am not good at golf and most sports for that matter but enjoy them non the less. So each guy put in a few bucks to make it interesting and we went to hitting the golf balls... one practice, one real deal ball. My practice shot: I completely shanked it into the woods. (by the way it is dark at this point) So each practice ball was hit, on to the real deal. As a ball would get hit and arrive close to the pin to challenge the previous place holder, we would measure it off to see who was closer. I finally hit my ball about three before the last person, we we walked my ball off it was three feet closer, and I ended up holding off my competition to win the 9 dollars. Yeah buddy. Right towards the end though it got a little more interesting as the golf cart guy who had driven by a few times already silently, cut the lights and drove by this time mustering the courage to yell, "get off the course". We finished our game and left, only I had already paid for a beer or two of my evening. Oh so nice.

1 comment:

  1. the time for glorifying yourself will soon be at an end...

    ReplyDelete