Thursday, June 18, 2009

Authentic Famous People

Today, I was reminded of how people can take just a minute of their time to do something for someone and make their day because of it. I wrote an email today to the "Get it done Guy", Stever Robbins. He does one of my favorite podcast that is about everything in life, from business, to people relations, to self care. He is pretty much the stream line guru. Extremely successful in many areas, extremely gifted in the ability to teach etc, so he is a pretty big deal. Today, I emailed him a question to propose for a topic for his show. Not imagining I would ever get a response from him personally. About 30 minutes later, I get an email in my inbox... it's Stever Robbins. He not only responded personally, but he wrote a lengthy letter to answer my question that was detailed and specific to the question that I asked. It completely made my day. It is the simple acts of kindness like this that are very unique to me. He didn't need to respond, I would have never thought twice if he didn't... but he did.... he did respond. That is what makes people different and special, that extra mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment