Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The "slow" bird

I was going to talk about sitting on the airplane and a conversation I had with a guy sitting across the isle from me, but I have not other choice but to speak to an experience I had this morning with a bird and his/her friend. Let me first set the stage to the other morning when I met this bird for the first time. It was about 6 in the morning and I heard a noise coming from across the house, something hitting the window in a back room, I thought if someone had decided to break in this early in the morning they are really crappy at breaking in a window. I went to open the door about the time the bird hit the window. I stood there as this bird flew into the window over and over and over. I looked around to see if I could figure out what he wanted but did not see much. I closed the door and hoped it would muffle the sound enough so I could sleep just a little longer. I could hear it very slightly in the back ground. I went outside to the back window and the bird flew away onto the neighbors roof and watched with an evil eye. I thought it was a one time thing... I was wrong. I was falling back asleep this morning after Sarah had left to go meet with a family she works with. It was 545am when she left. I hear a louder bang on the window in the living room than the day before from the other window. I am thinking at this point that the bird has moved windows... I go out to see the bird nailing the window, over and over and over just a chugging along to come inside. As I was watching, I hear a bang from the office window again, the other bird is hitting that window... TWO DUMB BIRDS... The other bird went and got one of his friends and now they are both running into windows over and over. I went outside to confront the birds, the new one was a little more brave. He/she just hoped right up on the fence and stared at me. I took a step closer and it just sat there and gave me the eye. When I got within about two feet it bolted, later to come back. I am going to greet them soon with a little red rider for their asses.

No comments:

Post a Comment