Friday, May 22, 2009

The drunk owner

Okay, so here is the story.Sarah, Molly and myself went out for a beer last night to hang out and talk for a little bit. We arrived at a local restaurant/pub around 1025 and grabbed a drink and began to talk. About thirty minutes after we had been there, a guy walks up and starts to tell us about how great the band is and how they used to be famous and they are so amazing. After each sentence he would top is off with the saying, "that's bullsh@t", which would contradict every sentence that he used, kind of funny. He would stare off for a while and then repeat himself often. He left and came back a few times while we were there. The last time that he came back, he decided to top off the night with a bang. He started telling us about how he likes to "pee on peoples car doors" and how funny it was to do that. He asked Molly if she had every peed on a car door to which she responded, "no". From that response, he turned to me and said, "what is she some kind of intellectual?" I paused while looking into his drunken gaze and said that she in fact was a thinker. I told him that I myself must be an intellectual because contrary to his belief, I had not pissed on a car door either. After arguing with us for a moment to try to get a confession out of us to admit we had peed on a car, he paused as if to think really hard. He directly his gaze to me and focused very very intently into my eyes. He leaned in and put his hand on my shoulder, I was wondering what the crap was going on and then he spoke. "You know if you pee on someones car door, you know you have to tell them, that is what makes it funny." This was about the time we were done with the drunken teachings. We said our goodbyes to Richard and headed on down the road fearful of our car doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment