Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Either, Or

I was reminded tonight about how simple society can be. We have assimilated to a either, or mentality in how we look at situations, views. How easily we take complex things into an black or white position clear cut option. I think it is very clear within politics to see how this plays out, two sides to stand on, in the large scale, democrat and republican. The two sides are presented and most people just choose one. Rarely do we step outside of the two positions given to see what could be in the middle, off in a different line of thought, a mixture of different positions within each side. Nope, it comes down to I like that one, or that one, this is where I will be aligned. To often this is where the majority of society falls without looking into why and what they are agreeing or disagreeing with. Just one side of favor and another side considered stupidity and detachment. I guess next time I am presented with something that I can pick one or the other, I am going to see if another option is available to be thought about. Why consider something apples to apples, when it could be apples to oranges, while we sit here foggy headed amongst our positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment