Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nomadic Springer's

Today, Sarah and I moved into a Townhouse here in Jasper, we were living in a house we rented from a friend whom I work with. It was a great deal, what can I say, I love a good deal. We really enjoyed the house and was very "homey". I think it is the most at home we have felt in any place that we have lived since we our journey together began, so it was somewhat of a bittersweet departure, not wanting to leave somewhere that was so comfortable, but day one of a new adventure is always exciting. Falling into a new routine at a new place with new neighbors. (who at this townhouse development are 50 and older, we are the youngins on the block) This all has made me think about the difference in our lives that being somewhat nomadic has made versus being planted. (even within the same town) I think if you asked Sarah, she would say it has been pretty tough, but I don't think she would change it. Each time we start a new chapter or move it has usually followed with some sort of growing time together or individually. Sometimes, I would love to be here or there for a while, but then again I am always on my toes this way and never removed from a lesson here or a lesson there. As I sit here in the local coffee shop using the Internet (thanks for the delayed install Windstream), while my back hurts from moving, I am tempted to wish for stability but what fun is that. I think about what God would want for me. I think he enjoys the creative path we are on, growth can happen anywhere as long as we look for it, maybe us stubborn willed people need a little push here and there, maybe that means living in the dark on some circumstances, but I am okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. I like this... they need a "thumbs up" for blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete