Monday, October 13, 2008

My armpits hate me.

I listened to a Podcast the other day from howstuffworks.com about the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant. It said stuff about how the metal in the antiperspirant plugs up your pores and does not let the bad stuff out etc. It also talked about the long term problems that you can face when these things do not get out of your body etc. So now that you have the back story, I decided to try deodorant for a week or two. I tried Arm and Hammer, "naturals" with some mountain scent. Well it hated my armpits a bunch and made them hurt and burn. So I tried Toms, Natural Maine stuff... apricot scent... BURN BURN BURN. It sucked. So I took a day off from deodorant and went to the one place where you find all answers. Yahoo Answers. Then there was the answer, I am allergic to scented deodorants. I have used Mitchem my whole life. I also found out from Yahoo Answers, that Mitchem is the deodorant for people who are allergic to most scented deodorants. This leaves me with one last try in the deodorant world before I head back to the antiperspirants. Deodorant.. Unscented. I will let you know what happens... and yes, I just blogged about my armpits.

1 comment: