Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I saw a bear

So this may seem like a rather simple story, but I thought it was pretty cool. I went hunting this morning for deer although it is bear season as well. I took my climbing tree stand, a book I have been reading, and a thermos of coffee. It was a nippy early morning and I was in the tree before I could see five feet in front of me. The first hour or two was spent nodding off and waking up. At about hour three, I heard a crash and a bunch of tree limbs break and out of the clearing comes a bear. I have never seen a bear before while I was hunting so I was a little bit stunned. It cruised along and stopped for a moment to catch its breath and then went on its marry way. It was pretty cool, the bear was huge. I am glad I did not walk up on it when I was walking out in the dark with a tiny flashlight. I would have busted a cap in yogi.

No comments:

Post a Comment