Monday, March 9, 2009

Humble Pie

I went to the gym today to do a little working off some calories. Every time I go, I watch the Glenn Beck show on Fox. I really like this guys show, he is entertaining yet some what informed and not afraid to call people out. Kind of a common sense kind of guy. So today he had Jeff Foxworthy drop by to ask him a few questions and Jeff said a quote that kind of stuck with me. He said, "we are either living in humility or heading towards it". This has been with me for the rest of today. There is a lot of truth to this, one way or the other we are in one of those places. The part that is interesting to me is that we are either humble under our own control or forced into humility under circumstances we are possibly not fond of. Makes me wonder where I am on the sliding scale right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment