Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Childhood Story

I was reminded this morning about a childhood memory from when I was between the age of 4-6, respectively. I was talking to a friend of mine about imaginations this morning from when we were young, which led to talking about monsters under the bed etc etc. I recalled a story of how I used to ward off the monsters that lived under my bed's sneak attacks. I would make sure to pull the sheets and covers all the way up to my chin, I would sleep on my side so an attack from the backside of the bed was probable. I would then, make sure that I had a sufficient tuck along my backside. From here I would take my trusted friends, huey, duey and luey and put them out in no mans land. I guess I figured if someone had to go, it should be one of them instead of me, so out they would go to face the unknown and monsters. I mean there were three of them, they had strength in numbers. As far as personal pertection, I had snuffaluffagus. (total badass, nobody has a run in with the "snuff" and comes out happy)

1 comment:

  1. Snuffy still protects the closet from the monsters along with the trusty original Snuffy with only one eye. NOBODY would bother him. Think Huey, Dewey and Lewey are on watchout in the attic. Must be doing good job. Hadn't seen any monsters lately!!!!

    ReplyDelete