Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Battling my Foot

I have come to realize that everyone has a disease know as the foot in mouth disease. We are all walking around the world each day beside each other. I would like to think that I am pretty well trained in the is disease, I always tend to find ways to express to those around me that I have it. And today after another good reminder, I started to think about all the things we say and express back and forth as people. I thought, how many things do I actually remember saying in my life. I know that sounds somewhat stupid at first, but when you really begin to look at it, I think clarity comes to the surface. My list was substantial but short compared to my lifetime. I thought hmmm if I only spoke in those times where I would remember, I would not speak very often. So I spend the first few hours of my day tomorrow, I am going to think about what I say. This has constantly been coming to the surface with me lately. But I have tended to think, "is this worth saying?" It has cut down on my comments a good bit, and also helped me work on listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment