Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Did I stutter?

Okay, so here we have a lunch break blog. I was reading in a book today during lunch. (yes I can read Patrick) It was talking about complaints and how to deal with them. It automatically made me think of calling customer "no" service lines and getting hot headed when they will not help me out and using the famous springer tag line, "how are you going to make this right". I pretty much think that I am a call in center person's worst nightmare sometimes. I am kind of ashamed as I write this... well ..no I am not, a good argument is good to rouse up the ole soul here and there. So back to the book. It was talking today about getting upset about a complaint or talking to much to the person will get you no where, actually most times it will set you back in what you were trying to accomplish. It talked about listening to the other person and talking less and letting them explain themselves and working from that angle instead of your own. Also this must be linked with sincerity and not a "what I want" attitude. Sometimes, I think shutting up is the hardest part for me. I think I would make a good sitcom character, as I am vomiting off at the mouth with things that I shouldn't be saying, my inner dialog with myself is SCREAMING, "SHUT UP, STOP IT, TAKE YOUR MOUTH AND SHUT IT DOWN!!!". As I go home today I have to call XM Radio and "discuss" some issue with why they keep billing me, I am going to try this method. I will let you know how it goes.

Patrick, I hope that this is better and closer to the level that you and others have come to expect with the blogs. (that might have been giving myself a little to much credit there) I am currently moving to a house down the road and my Internet there will be hooked up on Friday. I went to sleep last night looking at my phone with the "no service" message and awoke in the early hours to see that I had some bars, so I will attempt tonight to send out another blog to make up for the other I missed. I might even start double posting to make up for the Holiday mishap. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. better. but you're on notice springer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could read this one also but the adverb is "too"!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete