Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where is your home?

Where is your home? What is home to you, what does that look like when you think about it. I have been thinking about that the last few months. You know sometimes when I go to Ansonville, NC where my extended family is from, and sit on the swing under the carport, I think man this is home. I can sit there with my family in the fall night air and chat about what is going on and life and think wow... this is what home feels like. Then I can be sitting at home in Cary, NC and hanging out at the Barn and reliving the ol' college days with JA or b-lew or straw and rock in Jon's old rocking chair and feel as if I couldn't dream of being anywhere else. I can remember when I was a kid sitting on the porch in Bear Den Campground on my Uncle Harold's and Aunt Judy's mountain house and listening to the creek flowing down the hill, smelling the mnt smells and the waffles that were awaiting me on the table that Harold had just finished making. I can specifically remember as a child, this is home, I could stay here for ever and be happy. I guess what I am trying to say, is home to you where you are, or who you are there with. As I sit here and write about it, family is those who you love to be around. The people who breathe life into you, the people who help you understand what true love is. I am going to the Ansonville BBQ this weekend, it makes me think... man that is going to feel like home, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Home I guess is who you meet up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment