Thursday, November 13, 2008

Middle Creek YL

I was watching some old DVDs tonight that I was given as a gift at my last club as a Young Life leader at Middle Creek High School. This was about three years ago. I watched a bunch of stuff, from singing songs, to doing a skit with my buddy Asa, to watching Harrison doing a skit in my sumo suit, to giving a talk about Jesus. I had always been very concerned with making sure that the clubs went well and as smooth as they could go. I was always thinking about what they next skit or song or thing that was coming us was. I was always looking to see how I could make sure things were running smooth and if not, what could be done to make sure the kids did not notice. I was very engaged in every aspect of club. I loved it, I watched smiles on my face that I could never reproduce outside of those moments. Those times at Middle Creek were very special to me. As I watched tonight, I thought about how consumed I was with the flow of club and the accuracy in that it was produced for our high school friends. I think sometimes I might have missed the point of what was going on, kids having a great time because they are being loved by people with no strings attached. I watched kids in the video watch games, sing songs, listen to talks. They were not worried about how smooth the transitions were, or if someone forgot a line. They were just enjoying feeling safe in a place where some college kids did not care about what they do or have done,just that they were loved.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you buddy. When are you going to be in the area again?

    -Graham

    ReplyDelete