Friday, November 14, 2008

Perception

Perception is reality. I think in many situations our perception of what we are dealing with becomes our reality of it. I think we can sometimes be blinded to the reality of what is around us, the truth. We can think we have been wronged or are right or deserved an apology or recognition etc. I could go on and on about the many areas I have seen in life that our perception rules over the reality. I think this can be seen in our Culture on a really big level. Lets look at Christians for example. I think this is one area that perception has really twisted the common view of a group of people. Christians, those Bible beating, hate gays, burn in hell if you drink, smoke, have had sex before your married, and its our job to make sure you know about what you have done and how we can direct you in the right path to fix yourself and we have no room to talk about it because we are right so do not waste your time. Wow. When typing that out, it seems a little absurd but I think that is the common view of the outside world to the Christian faith. But in reality this is a faith of love. Jesus commanded that we love each other first and most importantly. Not to look at others with what they do wrong, but to love... period. Jesus loved to talk to people and to meet them where they were no matter what. He was always around people and up for a conversation. That description is a little different than what I perceive the cultural view to be. Watch the news, talk to some people, ask questions, I think the perception will surprise you from the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment