Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maple does it again

As I was sitting here looking at my computer screen, thinking about what I wanted to write about, Maple inspired me once again. She was walking around the living room and walked up to the kitchen table and off down the hall. Then all of the sudden I hear a noise behind me and see Maple sprint past me across the living room into the bedroom. I yelled in to Sarah wondering what was going on. She said Maple came flying into the room, went directly to her bed and spun three circles and laid down. She is still there right now. I sat here and thought about it for a moment. I always think about the book Marley and Me. Even though I have not read it and have no idea what happens in the book, it always makes me think of ways to learn from my dog. Tonight Maples' actions made me sit back and laugh. How many times, I sprint towards something to sit down on it. I think in my daily life how I will push quickly to accomplish some task or what not and sit down and plant for a moment. I am not sure where that brings me to as far as some insightful thought. But maybe finding a way to maintain a more constant pace is what she taught me tonight. I am not sure. To think how many things Maple has shared with me, without even saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment