Monday, December 1, 2008

Winter Wonderland in Georgia
















I walked out my front door today and what do you know, it is snowing. I figured that it would only last a short while since it is Georgia. But it outsmarted me and lasted all day long. It was really beautiful. I love it when it's snowing and you go outside and try to look up. It's nearly impossible to keep your eyes open that long but when you get a few seconds in a row and you can see up the thousands of layers of snowflakes above you, it's amazing. At one point while I was in my office, the snow turned to really thick sleet/snow for a bit and I went outside for a second to catch some in my hand. It piled up quickly and reminded me of being a kid. I enjoyed my snow day. It was somewhat surreal when you think about it. Snow seems to slow the world down for a little bit. Slow things down so you can have a moment to catch up and collect your thoughts and what not. It was a good day. On a side note, Sarah and I played Mario Kart tonight for a short bit and she beat me on two of the eight races. That is improvement folks, my wife can beat your wife in Mario Kart... easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment