Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thailand

I read an article today about Thailand and how the people pretty much just ousted there current prime minister and got the courts to elect a new one. I know that the old one was corrupt. I think that it is pretty cool that all the people pretty much went to all the airports and sat down and said, "hey we are going to live here and stop the flow of airplanes till you do something about this guy." They were successful and now they have a new one. One of the citizens was quoted walking out of the airport, "see you next time the government needs us." How cool is that guy. What power he knows the people have. I wonder what it would be like if that happened in America. One, if we all went to an airport and sat down, we would all go to jail. I know that for sure. But what if we all knew that the power to honestly uproot a government and get a new one was a power that we truly have. We do, but are I think unable to honestly unify to show that power exists. I think as long as the American people have the idea that they have to be on one side of things, then the suits in D.C. will always call the shots. Lets be honest, that is a pretty good way to keep control. Keep the people thinking the other side is the problem and the whole time most elected officials have a 95% re-election rate and nothing changes. I think the government has created a pretty good system to keep "change" where they want it and let us continue to think we are involved in the process. (and that "change" comment is not a shot at the new president elect by the way, just happened to be worded that way) Well that is my banter for the day. Hope all is well for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment