Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Greener Brad= Less Debt Brad


So I sold my motorcycle today. A school teacher from Athens, Ga came this morning and picked it up from me. It was sad to see her go... all 250cc of her, but it is a good thing. But let me give you a little back story on where this idea was born. So a few weeks ago my brother and I were talking and he shared with me about motorized bicycles and that he was thinking about building one. That is where the bug was planted. Since then I have been looking into it... 130 MPG... which is nice and no insurance etc. But as for now, while I save up for the motor, I am going to be riding my bicycle to work 10 miles each way when I work during the day. If I have the night shift, I have given myself the truck for the night so I do not have to ride at night on a road bike. It will be interesting, seeing that I live in the mountains and they are freaking huge and hilly. I road to work today to grab the truck for tonight and I was doing great until the driveway of the camp I work at. It is pretty much the hill from HELL. Half way up, I was toast and had to walk the bike for about five minutes. But it was good to be reminded that my gas mileage is free.

P.S. Joe (Neighbor) if you are reading this, I would like to give a credit in the picture because that is his bike pump and water bottle, which I have borrowed :) now for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Just a little side note. Since I never tied in that I sold the Motorcycle because I am going to build a motorized bicycle etc. and wanted to save some money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, my brother is building a cafe racer... you should check his out! it's awesome! he has pics on his facebook page, graham bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this new motorized creation of your's!

    ReplyDelete