Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's been a while, but this will make up for it

Well, I know I have been somewhat spotty on posting, but tonight I will redeem myself. It has been a busy few weeks here at camp, and I have encountered a lot of different Texans to write about- but last night I met the craziest one so far. Here is the story. We had a night event last night that required to have some speakers outside playing Mission Impossible theme music, while the kids went through camp protecting their leader. After the event, the kids went back into the club room and the music was still playing as they went in. Soon after, Bradley and I were about to go turn off the music and up rolled a car. We looked at each other as to decide who was going to go approach and talk to the car, and before we could begin to discuss, and old guy got out. He started to walk a straight line towards the speakers, which were away from Bradley and me. Bradley (BMess for short) started to trot after him to talk to him, as I got out my phone ready to call Chase, the Camp Director. I was about ten feet behind Bradley and noticed he was talking to the guy, and the old guy was pissed about the music. There conversation went like this. This is the shortened version with some highlights.

BMess: Sir can I help you?
Old Guy: Yeah I am going to turn of this G*$ *&$@ music, I am tired of this S***.
BMess: I would love to talk to you about this sir
Old Guy: This is ******* public property, you can't have this S*** going like this
BMess: Sir, this is actually private property
Old Guy: Where the hell is the gate
BMess: you drove threw it

At this time, we noticed the old guy had a little bat along with his Mag Light and Camel Light that had as Bradley put it, "burnt his beard and made it look like a Christmas Tree". So, Old Guy had a bat and had made it to the speaker, which was near Bradley's head. Old Guy took a swing and connected to the speaker. At this point I had already called Chase and was walking up to join Bradley with the Old Guy, and Chase was behind me. Old Guy turned and speed walked to his car. As he walked off, we were still trying to talk to the guy, and he yelled something about working in the prison where talking didn't work. Well, we got his car type and description... and guess what we called the police. At this point it was about 12:30 in the morning. The po po ended up finding the guy later that night. (how I am not sure, but kudos to the Riverside Police for their skills) The Deputy said, that the guy was about 70 years old and grumpy and would never bother us again, he told Old Guy that if he ever came on property again, he would end up in jail. (which if quicker on our toes, he would have ended up in last night)

So hope that story is spicy enough to make up for the lack of blogging these days.

1 comment:

  1. if you had been doing your p90X then you just would have kicked his old tail up and down the texas prarie. unfortunately you have been slack with that. much like your blog posting. i see a bit of a trend here.

    ReplyDelete