Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why people get Angry?

Although this will seem like a blanket statement or idea, let me first state I do believe exceptions exist here. People can get angry for valid reasons etc etc. But what I am asking you to think about is, all the other times anger happens and how often it could be what I will mention below. I have recently been thinking about why people react with frustration and anger so much in response to whatever seems to be the situation. I have come to the conclusion in most of the cases where people respond in anger, they are probably just wrong about whatever and thus led to be angry or frustrated... embarrassed and prideful. I think anger is a cover up and really easy exit from the real hard path of using the words, I'm sorry or dare I mention being wrong. At some point we are so adamant about defending our honor and have chased the rabbit so far, it is a stubborn issue that we would rather continue to fight the empty fight rather and to concede and admit what we probably know as truth on the inside. Anyways, next time you find yourself responding with anger first, quickly think, am I just mad because I'm wrong.

10 comments:

  1. It's not wrong to get angry when you're absolutely and concretely right, but do it in a polite right manner aka 'controlled anger'.

    kadus
    http://www.mytunetalk.com/kadus64

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anger is quite simply a response to a situation that you don't like and that you can't control. Think road rage - someone cuts you off, you don't like it but you can't do anything about - cue: frustration and anger. It is irrelevant whether you are wrong or right as this is subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is that sometimes we react with anger at fist, when we realize that we were wrong but we want to keep our ego up. I think it is mainly because of the society we live in today, where we have to be “competitive”. Through this ideology we cannot possibly admit that we were wrong and someone else was right. Al the following reactions that we have are in my opinion just reactions to the reactions that others have to our anger. When we are angry with someone we actually board a merry-go-round of reactions that started from the competitive and immature thought that no one is better than us in any way possible, when the truth is actually that there is no scale of better or worse. We are simply very different things. We see some things in our particular way. I would love to reflect on these things on my blog, so I am more than glad to discuss this further there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly..........I am also agree with you.Anger is not the solution of any thing.We should control our temper.The situation can be handled with patience also.The person who is getting any often doesn't have patience to handle the situation.That is his demerit.

    Magento Themes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your post. A lot of times I know my anger is caused by other feelings. I really do try to admit when I am wrong but often hurt feelings are the biggest thing that make me respond with anger. Thank you for the thoughtful insight:) sorry you have some really weird people commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I know buddy, is that the human behaviour is really surprising and unknown. We never know for sure what's gonna happen in the future for us, because react in the most incredible way sometimes... and to be angry or not it doesn't matter if you react in a controlled way, or at least you try to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a veil from whom we actually are- a facade.
    You're right we try defending out honor. But I think in the end its all about that- our honor.

    ReplyDelete